In addition to their upcoming hands-on build workshop on April 19-20, PAD is offering another design workshop the following weekend. I took the design class last fall and it was incredibly useful. You can sign up for both days or just one depending on your interests:
April 27-28, Portland, OR
Do you dream about building a tiny house? Our Tiny House Design Workshops focus on the unique design and building principles that apply to a house on wheels. We’ll address:
- How to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer.
- Moisture controls and ventilation.
- Electrical, gas and water systems.
- Cultivating a place called “home” and finding a place to park.
- Navigating codes, insurance, and other regulatory and financial issues.
The workshop includes one full day and one half day of classroom-style learning, followed by a half day Tiny House Tour where the topics we’ve discussed are brought to life.